Full disclosure: If you don't care about basketball, skip this.
Kyrie Irving is going to Boston in exchange for (primarily) Isaiah Thomas, as well as Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and a 2018 first round pick, courtesy of the Brooklyn Nets. This video shows the 2 guards doing, against each other, what they each do best: scoring the basketball.
Also, after watching this it made me realize how flippin' good Kyrie is, which somehow my memory was able to downplay a lot this off season.
ALSO, they both suck at defense, which is why there is no defense in this compilation video.
Here's my quick thoughts on the trade:
- Kyrie is better than Isaiah Thomas, but not by a TON. They're similar players.
- The Cavaliers are not ANY better defensively than they were last year, although Jae Crowder added to this trade helps.
- Next year's pick will hopefully be Michael Porter Jr. to the Cavs.
- If Lebron AND Thomas decide to leave next season then the Cavs future is screwed, but I don't think Isaiah will leave if Cleveland gives him the max, which I think they will.
- The Cavs won this trade this year. The Celtics won this trade next year, and the next.
- I can't wait to watch this match-up, literally every chance I get next year.
This next year in the NBA is gonna be a blast.
By the way, the most fun trade of the off-season was Jimmy Buckets to the Wolves for Lavine and Kris Dunn. Hands down.